Municipal Agent & Excise Tax Collector
The Municipal Agent & Excise Tax Collector is appointed by the Board of Selectmen and works at the direction of the State of Maine and the Board of Selectmen. The Agent is responsible for the registration of motorized vehicles, including trailers, boats, ATV’s, motorcycles, automobiles and trucks, as well as non-motorized trailers under the direction of the State of Maine. The Municipal Agent is also a Deputy Town Clerk.
Per Maine State Law, the Municipal Agent/Excise Tax Collector is responsible for the following:
- Administering the Town’s motorized vehicle registration program
- Acting as the State Agent for Registering Motor Vehicles and Trailers and collecting excise taxes
- Acting as the State Agent for Registering Boats, Snowmobiles and ATV’s and collecting excise taxes
- Acting as a State Agent for Inland Fisheries & Wildlife (IF& W) and managing IF& W reporting for the Town
- Serving as a liaison to RSU #12 and acting as the Town Agent for Parental Residency Affidavits for School Tuition Reimbursement authorizing tuition reimbursement from the Town to the school district