Renting the Town Hall
The historic Westport Island Town Hall, aka the former Union Meeting House, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 15, 2002. The federal style building was constructed circa 1794. Initially, it served as a Freewill Baptist Church; and was later used by both the Baptists and Methodists. The town acquired the building in 1885, and it has been used as a Town Hall ever since.
The Town Hall belongs to the citizens of Westport Island. In addition to hosting town elections, the annual Town Meeting, committee meetings and Westport Community Association events, it is also available for private rentals for weddings, private gatherings and celebrations.
The building is approximately 1,934 square feet and has a capacity of 125 people. It sits on an acre of land which also allows some outside open or tented space. Alcohol is allowed with the purchase of a liability insurance rider approved by the Town.
Full day rental - $100
Partial day rental - As approved by the Select Board
Pull down movie screen
Chairs and tables