Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting
December 21, 2005
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:11 p.m.
2. Bob Mooney – all Westport
Island Volunteer Fire Department Emergency Management articles have been
approved by Tim Pellerin, EMA Director,
3. Reviewed Warrant No. 25 dated December 21, 2005, for $28,028.77. Jack motioned to accept; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of December 14, 2005. George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Reviewed Dennis Cromwell’s
application for a junkyard permit dated December 13, 2005 on Map 5,
6. Whitney/Axelrad abatement request:
A. Mathematical error made and discovered by Eugene Huskins in the amount of $9,250.00.
B. A reconstructed property tax card will be created.
George motioned to approve the abatement to Robert Whitney in the amount of $64.75 plus interest from the date of payment to December 21, 2005. Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. Andrew Anderson – Board of Selectmen will issue a re-constructed property tax card. A letter to Andrew Anderson will follow stating that the card is re-constructed and a photocopy will be mailed to him.
8. Reviewed a letter from May Pierce, Agency Coordinator of D.E.P. dated December 16, 2005, regarding a proposed 12 ft. pier on the Jon Halla property.
9. Reviewed letter from Department of Conservation regarding the Municipal Landing, dated December 16, 2005, regarding a grant award of $258,000.00.
10. Reviewed letter from Troubh, Heisler, etal, dated December 15, 2005, regarding proposed court dates of the MacNamara Foundation appeal.
11. George motioned to purchase a new computer to replace the defective one in Susan’s office. Total cost to be $622.65. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
12. Marianne Williams requested a copy of the Wright property closing documents.
13. George motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.