BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: E. Davies Allan, Brenda Bonyun, Ann Cavanaugh (Health Officer), Michelle Chartier, Nancy Cromwell, Doreen Dennis, Curt Downer, Dennis Dunbar, Ron & Debra Harrison, Park Pino, Chuck Richardson, Dianne Roberts and Nancy Shaul
Guests present: Amanda Pray and Laura White, P.O.D. students, and
Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. The meeting was called to order at All selectmen were present.
2. Five bids were opened for sand/salt shed area tree stump removal and disposal:
A. Chesterfield Associates $ 0.00 - No Charge
B. G & D Cromwell $ 900.00
C. Harrison, General Contractors $3,000.00
D. Pagurko Builders, Inc $1,700.00 plus $1,000.00
E. Guy F. Peaslee Construction $2,000.00
George motioned to accept the bid of Chesterfield Associates; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George motioned to accept
the minutes of
4. Warrant No. 48 for $30,141.76 was presented. George moved to approve; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Health Officer Ann Cavanaugh
presented a letter from Paul Nergaard asking that 2 homes on
6. Curt Downer read a letter from the WICIC disassociating themselves from the letter referenced in Item 5 above.
7. Jack moved to rescind the town’s anonymous complaint policy; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
8. Dennis Dunbar, of the Westport Conservation Commission and the LKRLT, reported on the activities being planned for the official opening of the Bonyun Preserve on June 17th.
9. A letter was reviewed from Eugene Huskins, Certified Assessor, answering Marianne Williams’ question about George Richardson’s property valuation change.
10. George moved to send Paul Nergaard the legal opinion the town obtained on the Clough Point property ion 1987. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
11. A letter was read from Road
Commissioner Garry Cromwell with a suggestion to spend $10,4735.00 to install
guardrails at 2 locations along Long Cove on the
12. George read a letter from
the Lincoln County Commissioners with their decision to uphold the Westport
Island Board of Assessors assessment of the
13. Requests for bids for the design of the sand/salt shed were signed by the selectmen.
14. George moved to appoint Ruth
Nelson as Deputy Town Clerk from
15. Minutes of the public
16. A written request from Municipal Agent Dedee Hodgdon asked if an ATM machine could be installed in the town office. The costs will be researched.
17. Our research has shone that the going rate for sanding and sealing a wood floor such as the one in our Town Hall is $1.75 to $2.50 per square foot. Therefore the $2.05 per square foot bid by Dave’s Floor Finishing of Bath is reasonable. George said he would notify Bill Cooney, Chairman of the Town Hall Committee.
18. Reggie asked to change our e-mail account so all e-mail gets received. Jack agreed to set this up, perhaps using the existing Adelphia account.
19.George moved to adjourn at ; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton