BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Brenda Bonyun, Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore and Marianne Williams
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. Warrant No. 45, dated May 1, 2006, for $17,687.74 was reviewed. George moved to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
3. The minutes of the May 3, 2006 licensing hearing were moved as presented by George. Jack seconded the motion. Vote: unanimous.
4. The minutes of the May 3, 2006 meeting of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers were motioned to accept by George. Reggie seconded the motion. Vote: unanimous.
5. The appointment of Jack Swanton to the LCTV Board was tabled since he is still serving as Wiscasset’s representative until the bylaws are amended.
6. Bill Cooney reported that Dave’s Floor Service of Bath bid $2,312.40 to sand and seal the town hall floor. The selectmen suggested he ask Eben Greenleaf and Gary Richardson what they thought the work should cost and/or if a less expensive option was available. Bill agreed to contact them.
7. Ben Crehore mentioned that he had 60 years of “American Rifleman” looking for a good home.
8. Marianne Williams suggested that the WVFD be featured on the upcoming town report. The selectmen agreed it was a good idea.
9. Jack related the information from Ellerby Cole of MMA, regarding a proposed anonymous complaint policy. It was decided to send MMA our current policy for their review and comment. Any action will wait until next week.
10. George read a letter from
CED regarding 15 very low-income homes in
11. The bids for salt for the 2006/2007 season from the Lincoln County Commissioners office were reviewed. The prices will be the same as last year.
12. The application for renewal for insurance for town property to MMA Property and Casualty Pool was reviewed.
13. George moved to adjourn at 8:17 pm; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton