BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee (by speaker-phone.)
Citizens present: David Bertran, Bill Cooney, Carole Dunbar, Dennis Dunbar, Debbie Harrison, Ron Harrison, Bill Hopkins, Mort Mendes, John Nelson and Marianne Williams
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. George read legal opinion from M.M.A. on referendum voting by petition and by speaker-phone with second selectman. Passed out to the public legal opinion and also article from Maine Townsman of January 2006, and read. (See attached article.)
3. George made a motion to allow the attached petitioned article to be voted on by secret referendum ballot at the June 13th election along with the state primary election. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 2-0 in favor.
4. George made a motion to hold a public hearing on the petitioned article on May 18th at 7:00 pm. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 2-0 in favor.
5. The following citizens spoke: Bill Cooney, John Nelson, Dennis Dunbar, Ronnie Harrison, Marianne Williams, George Richardson, Jr. and David Bertran.
6. George motioned to adjourn at 7:35 pm; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
(Signed with attachments)
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee