BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Mort Mendes and Bob Springhorn
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:08 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 42 for $5,647.34 was reviewed. George moved to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
3. Reggie moved to accept the minutes of April 12, 2006 as presented. George seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
4. Bill Cooney reported he will be meeting with Amy Winston April 20th at the town office at 9:00 a.m. to work on the town hall grant.
5. Mort Mendes asked about the referendum petition and when action would be taken, and was told not until next week. He provided the selectmen with copies of Title 30-A, sections 2521 and 2528, as well as an e-mail from Bob Michaud, Reference Librarian at Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, containing several chapters of MMA’s “Town Meeting and Elections Manual”.
6. May 3, 2006 at 11:00 am was tentatively chosen as a date to meet with Sebago Technics to negotiate a design and site plan contract for the town’s salt shed.
7. Jack moved to sign the agreement with the State Planning Office for funding the design stage of the shore and harbor grant. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
8. The license for a permanent
pier, ramp and float for Theodore L. Christie on Map 3,
9. A hearing was scheduled for May 3rd at 7:00 pm for a liquor license for the Squire Tarbox Inn.
10. At 9:52 p.m., George motioned to adjourn; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee