BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Ben & Sandra Crehore, Dennis & Carole Dunbar and Shane Reininger
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m.
2. George moved to accept Warrant No. 38 for $4,306.44.† Reggie seconded the motion;††††††††††††††† †vote: unanimous.
3. George moved to accept the minutes of 15 March 2006 selectmenís meeting with a small change from $50.00 to $55.00 in Item No. 14.† Reggie seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.†
4. A consent agreement between the town and Susan M. Wahlstrom, to agree to an after the fact building permit for a shed, was signed by the selectmen.† It will be mailed to the Wahlstromís.
5. Amy Winston, Lincoln County Planner, will help write the grant for the town hall repairs at no charge, and she will also chair the hearings.
6. George shared a letter from David Spiegel, Chairman of the Conservation Commission, recommending that the grant for design of the ferry landing jetty be accepted and the project go forward.† George moved to accept this recommendation; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
7. George moved to select Plan
III of Northeast Security Systemís maintenance plans for the
8. The FEMA grant of $32,000 ($24,967.70 federal money already received) still has some work to be done before the final report can be signed and returned to FEMA.
9. Reggie announced that members are being sought for an ad-hoc committee to work on preserving 1900 acres at the sound end of the island.† This can be tied to the unique opportunity offered by the closing of Maine Yankee.† A notice will be posted in the newspaper and on the town website.
10. A letter from Ted Christie
was received in response to one sent to him from the selectmen dated
16 November 2005 asking for some additional data for his pier, ramp and float permit application. ††Jack moved that the application is now complete; George, 2nd; vote: unanimous.† An on-site pier hearing was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. on 13 April, 2006.
11. It was decided to post a notice that the town has 2 old computers looking for new homes.
12.† George moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:37 p.m.† Reggie seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.† The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.††††††††††††††††††††† ††††
Reginald J. Lee †††††††††††
John B. Swanton†††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††