BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Richard DeVries, Dennis Dunbar, Bob Mooney, Shane Reininger, Marianne Williams
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 37 for $198,190.92 was presented. George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
3. George motioned to accept the minutes of March 8, 2006; Jack, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
4. Bill Cooney reported that the program for March 18, 2006 will be well worth attending. He asked about the ramp and learned that it was repaired and replaced today.
5. Dick DeVries shared that he
is conducting an analysis of the salaries of town officials of various
6. Dennis Dunbar wanted the selectmen to know the area around a possible dump site was identified in the Westport Island Aquatic Study as a sensitive area.
7. A letter from Eugene Huskins
explaining the reason for the revaluation on Map 3,
8. Joan Hayden Boyd requested a change to her assessment, as she has only 150 and not 200 ft. of shorefront. However, as this change was being made to her assessment it was noted that her shorefront was categorized as “steep but accessible”, but since access has been provided and a dock has been constructed, this classification is being changed and her assessment recalculated..
9. Jack will follow-up with Claude Bolduc regarding purchase of UPS systems for 2 of the town’s computers.
10. George moved to appoint Health Officer Ann Cavanaugh as the town’s contact person for attending the Municipal Stakeholders Group meeting on March 30, 2006 at 6:00 p.m. relating to potential pandemics.
11. Northeast Security Systems
has asked the town if they should perform annual maintenance on the
12. Dennis Dunbar shared the
data he collected regarding land valuations vs. land sale values for
13. Fire Chief Bob Mooney dropped by to inform the Board of Selectmen that he has requested that the Bureau of Workplace Safety Standards perform an inspection of the facilities to uncover any possible areas that may need attention.
14. Complaints about unpleasant odors from the town office vent pipe were discussed. Town L.P.I., Jerry Bodmer, has installed a $50.00 charcoal filter unit at his house, and the Board of Selectmen decided to see how his works before purchasing a similar unit for the town office building.
15. The pier application for Jan
Halla on Map 5,
16. A letter was signed by all
selectmen asking that a mutually agreeable solution be worked out between Dan Schweitzer’s
Island Oyster Farm and
17. George moved to rehire Philip Vigue (now Bruce Nadeau) for the town audit for January 1, 2005 to June 30, 2005, and July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
18. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:37 p.m. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: unanimous. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton