BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members:† †††††††† George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens:††††††††††††††††††††††† Dennis Dunbar
Guests:†††††††††††††††††††††††† Robert Fairfield,
Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Greg Foster of The
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.
2. George motioned to approve Warrant No. 22 for $46,083.32; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. The minutes of the November 17, 2008 meeting were reviewed.† George moved to approve as written with a minor typographical correction; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. The B.O.S. wrote a thank you letter to Tom Jacoby for his donation of a generator.†
5. George called Bob Mooney regarding temporary storage of the generator at the firehouse.
6. George moved to send Ron Harrison a bill for 400 cyds of sand at $7.00 per cyd based on his original statement that there were 400-500 cyds of town sand on his property.† He must pay in full within 30 days.†
Ross suggested we obtain legal advice; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
moved to allow Bill Hopkins to request intervenersí status for the town to the
8. Rum Cove LLC has requested an assessment review with the State Board of Property Tax Review.
9. The B.O.S. reviewed a report from the forester in reference to the Leeman property.
10. The B.O.S. reviewed a letter to the Tax Collector from Mark Cummings re: Map 4/Lot 43.10A.† Susan will send him a letter.
11. The B.O.S. reviewed a certified letter from the Department of Marine Resources of Boothbay Harbor regarding an application from Sandra Hopkins for renewal of a limited purpose aquaculture license.
12. The B.O.S. reviewed a certified letter from Time Warner Cable regarding price changes for cable customers.
13. The B.O.S. will re-adjust an abatement granted to Mark and Wendy Williams for 2005 because the house was only partially completed.
14. Kate Alexander wishes to rent the Town Hall for a wedding on December 20th.
15. The B.O.S. reviewed an addition to the Town Hall rental fee policy.† George moved to accept the addition to the policy; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
16. George moved to adjourn at 9:00 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun