BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Ben & Sandra Crehore, Dick DeVries, Dennis Dunbar, Neil & Mona Greenleaf, Ron & Deb Harrison and John Nelson & Ruth Nelson
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m.
2. George motioned to approve Warrant No. 20 for $166,541.15; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve the minutes from November 3, 2008; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Bill Cooney:
A. The pulley on the flag pole at the Town Hall fell off. Bill believes the flag was too large. He asked to have Eben Greenleaf to do the repair.
B. Two window heat savers were installed in the bathroom windows. The B.O.S. approved to pay $22.86 to the Conservation Commission from the Town Hall account to reimburse lumber.
C. The Town History Committee will save 25 old Town Reports of each year. Others will be recycled.
5. The R.S.U. Board nomination papers for 2 seats are available. Dick DeVries will run for one of the seats. The papers are due back to the Town Clerk by November 28, 2008. Sandra Crehore volunteered to be at the Town Office to accept the nomination papers.
6. Dick DeVries asked about having the Road Committee meet with the Budget Committee on future road maintenance plans.
7. An informational bulletin will be sent to all tax payers to inform then about our new tax mapping website coming in February. It will include an “opt-out” form to be filled out by anyone who doesn’t want their name on the website.
Harrison offered $2,000 for the town’s surplus sand. Ross will call Jack Shaw to ask him to please
estimate how much sand is in the town’s pile on the
9. There is still approximately $250,000- to be collected from property taxes: 2005 - $1,279.87; 2006 - $8,615.20; 2007 - $$34,565.08 and 2008 - $201,220.04.
10. The town received a bill from Perkins Thompson for legal services for the boat ramp in the amount of $453.94.
11. A letter was received from MMA asking if we would accept mailings electronically to reduce their costs. George motioned to accept electronic mail; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
12. There will be a staff meeting at a later date to discuss policy issues.
13. George moved to rent the Town Hall to Angela Trombley for $25.00 per week for about six weeks for yoga classes. A contract will be signed to ensure rental policies are followed. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
14. Thanks go out to Bud Gallagher and his crew fro donating their time to drill and set the Town Office light pole.
15. George moved to grant abatements to Kenneth Parsons. His personal property was assessed at $22,380 since 2006. The correct assessment is $2,380. The abatements are: 2006 - $116.02; 2007 - $106.02 and 2008 - $98.82. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
16. George moved to abate Anne R. Mackie, Trustee $296.40 for 2008 on Map 2/Lot 76. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
17. Jerry Bodmer sent a letter to the town saying he is going to have surgery on November 24, 2008 on his knee. He will not be able to do any field inspections and will contact his deputy, Stuart Wyman, for support.
18. George moved to adjourn at 8:50 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun