BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Dennis Dunbar, John Nelson and Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 19 for $14,511.09 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. The minutes of November 3, 2008 meeting were read. George moved to approved with a correction to No. 12. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
4. The B.O.S. signed the planning board appointments as approved at the November 3rd meeting.
moved to approve paying Jack Shaw’s bill of $14,500. for
repairing the culvert on
read a letter from David Soule. He
believes his property on Map 6/Lot 52.1 is assessed as 6 acres but contains 3.2
acres. He included a survey. He did not request an
abatement for past errors. George
would like, at Ross’ suggestion, to ask Dave if the money due can be released
to the HRC for needy people on
7. The B.O.S. reviewed ideas for policy development for the digital tax map program. They will ask Susan how much postage will be to mail a masking form to taxpayers.
So far we have paid $1,000 for the program. It will be $50 per month to keep the information on-line. A six month trial was approved at town meeting.
George moved that the information available on the website will include last names unless the taxpayer returns a masking form. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
Davies Allan offered to load the town sand onto G & D Cromwell trucks from
9. The B.O.S. read notes from Susan and Dedee. A staff meeting will be held to gather facts and develop a policy.
10. The Human Resource Committee is in need of new members.
for Menacho, M4/L14.21;
12. A supplemental real estate tax bill was approved for M2/Lot66 for $26.31 due to an error in the value of personal property.
13. Tom Jacoby offered a 5.5 KW generator to the town. We graciously accept his offer.
14. George moved to adjourn at 10:10 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun