BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Richard DeVries, Dennis Dunbar, Ruth and John Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. following a presentation by the tax map committee.
2. Warrant No. 17 for $228,028.60 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes of October 20, 2008 were reviewed. Ross moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0. George abstained as he was not present at that meeting.
4. The B.O.S. reviewed a request for a concealed weapons permit for Sandra Crehore. Ross signed the request.
George read a
letter from Paul Nergaard to Atty. Katsiaficas as well as a reply from Atty.
Katsiaficas to Mr. Nergaard regarding the cost to
7. Richard DeVries spoke about the regional school plan and the upcoming referendum vote.
8. George moved to appoint Parkinson Pino to the Cemetery Committee. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
9. George moved to raise the ballot clerks’ hourly rate to $7.50 from $7.00. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 2-1. Brenda voted against the motion due to difficult economic times.
10. George moved to close the town offices during Thanksgiving week, November 24 through November 28. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
11. The board reviewed abatements. The following were approved for 2007 after motions made by George:
Rum Cove LLC - Map 5/Lot RC-15 - Abatement $1,359.15 - Brenda, 2nd; vote 3-0
Map 5/Lot RC-19 - Abatement $1,320.57 - Brenda, 2nd; vote 3-0
Map 5/Lot RC-21 - Abatement $909.87 - Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
Map 5/Lot RC-23 - Abatement $253.11 - Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
One supplemental bill was also approved:
Rum Cove LLC - Map 5/Lot RC-60A - Supplemental $678.56
George moved to approve abatements/supplemental bill for tax year 2007-2008 for the same Rum Cove properties listed above. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
12. George moved to approve purchase of a 20 ft. steel pole for $50. from Ames Supply for a parking lot light. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
George moved to
authorize Jack Shaw to install a 3 ft by 60 ft. culvert on
14. G&D Cromwell will haul the town sand from Ron Harrison’s property for free. The B.O.S. will ask Ron to load it for free. The sand should be tested first and Brenda will ask about prices for testing.
15. Ross moved to adjourn at 8:54 p.m..; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George ED. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun