BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer, Ross Norton
Citizens: Teresa Dunlop, John & Ruth Nelson
Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper, Greg Foster of
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at 12:05 p.m.
2. Warrant: The warrant was reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No.17 for $252,011.07; Jerry, 2nd; vote; 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the Oct.12, 2009 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Citizens Issues: Teresa Dunlop asked several questions from an e-mail that she had written earlier this morning and Jerry responded:
A. The Appeal Board meeting for Deidre Dunlop & Dianne Roberts was still scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:30PM
B. The Town had not hired a lawyer to represent the Town at the Appeal.
C. The BOS had not made a decision yet on a request to increase the fees for appeals but it would be discussed at a future BOS meeting and eventually posted on the Town website fee schedule.
5. Ferry Landing Project: George discussed the need to send a letter to Catherine Small at DOT requesting permission to solicit bids on the Ferry Landing project. Also, George had a copy of the revised Ferry Landing Site Plan to provide to Richard Devries for the beautification plan.
6. Appointments: George motioned to appoint the following:
Groundwater Protection Committee - 1 year appointments: Dennis Dunbar, Gerald Bodmer, Gary Richardson, David Blake and William Hopkins
Shellfish Committee- 3 year appointment: Adam Webber
Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
7. George moved to adjourn at 1:25 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr. Gerald A. Bodmer Ross Norton