BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: George (Chuck)
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
12:00 p.m.: Convened Public Hearing on the MMA Model General Assistance Ordinance for 2009-2010. There was no public comment. George motioned to accept the Ordinance as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote; 3-0.
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at 12:10 p.m.
2. Warrant: Warrant No. 14 was reviewed and George motioned to approve for $29,339.07; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the Sept. 28, 2009 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Citizens Issues:
A. Teresa Dunlop discussed various issues and was advised that she had exceeded the 10 minute rule regarding citizens issues but she could request a meeting with the Selectmen (minus George) to meet with her and her mother. She did request a meeting to discuss the Eco-Analysis Corp. report regarding the boat ramp, crane & road located on Map 1/Lot 25. We agreed to set up the meeting when we could get those involved to attend.
B. George (Chuck) Richardson III submitted a letter to the Selectmen requesting a letter for his bank from the Selectmen stating that location for his home located on Map 1/Lot 25 meets the +setback requirement from the sideline of Jewett Cove Road. We discussed that the building permit had been issued based on the setback but we would further discuss the issue with the Deputy CEO, Ron Stoodley.
5. Violation DePietro Map 6
6. Ramp & Float permit hearing: The Selectmen agreed to hold a public hearing for a ramp and float permit for David and Ella Fairfield, Map 2/Lot 81, on 10/19/2009 at 10:00AM. George advised that he would post the notice of the hearing with the newspapers and at the Town office.
7. Certificate of Deposit: George read the letter from The First, N.A. regarding available CD’s and interest rates. George motioned that we place the special fund account monies into the 14 month CD which provides 1.24% (APR 1.25%) and included no penalty for a one time withdrawal; Jerry, 2nd; vote; 3-0
8. George moved to adjourn at 1: 15 pm.; Ross, 2nd: vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer