BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Dennis Dunbar, Ron Harrison, Mort Mendes and Ruth & John Nelson
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m.
2. A motion was made by George to approve Warrant No. 28 for $166,808.91; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to accept the minutes of January 5, 2009 as written; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Brenda is asking for a possible date to hold a thank you pot luck dinner for all committees.
5. The message board in the front hallway is confusing and Brenda asked about setting up 2 cork boards - one for ads and one for human resources. The board approved.
6. The town sand pile:
George asked if Ron Harrison wanted a meeting in public. Ron answered “No”. George moved to adjourn the public meeting and enter into executive session according to Subchapter 405, Section E at 7:46 p.m. for the purpose of mediating town owned property with Ron Harrison to try to avoid legal action. After discussion with Ron and his advisor in the executive session, the selectmen will resume the public meeting and vote on any resolutions that may have been suggested in the executive session.
George moved to adjourn the Executive Session and reconvene the public meeting at 8:05 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. An agreement was reached with Ron Harrison regarding the town owned property. Ron stated that he would pay the Town $2,800.00 for the town owned sand. A payment plan will be presented to the Selectmen by January 19, 2009 by Mr. Harrison, and the selectmen would work with him cooperatively if has was having any problems making the scheduled payments. George motioned to accept Ron’s proposal upon its presentation to the Selectmen by next Monday’s meeting; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
8. George motioned to adjourn at 8:15 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton